Thursday, August 03, 2006

Electricity


According to Con Edison, New York City's electricity provider, the City set a record for energy consumption during Tuesday's 97 degree heat: "13,103 megawatts at 5 p.m., which topped the 13,059 megawatts the company set last year on July 27, 2005." So naturally, when I heard Wednesday was going to be even hotter, I did my part to help beat that record today -- I left my aircon on full blast all day after I went to work this morning. Come on, New York! 14,000 megawatts! We can do it!

Later: We did it! Or at least we beat yesterday. Con Ed reported today that it "set a record for peak electricity demand today, reaching 13,141 megawatts at 5 p.m., which topped the 13,103 megawatts the company set at 5 p.m. on Monday." And I helped!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter