Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving in Three Boroughs

I spent my Thanksgiving with friends in the Bronx. The subway ride from Brooklyn takes me through the entire length of Manhattan to 238th Street near Van Cortland Park in the Bronx. It takes between seventy and ninety minutes. Here is my day in photos:
The F train in Brooklyn.

238th Street below the elevated train in the Bronx.

We drove back into Manhattan to see a movie after dinner. This is the George Washington Bridge in northern Manhattan, which may or may not bethe busiest bridge in the world (I heard it on the local news). It's certainly a busy bridge this weekend.

On the way back to Brooklyn we took the Brooklyn Bridge, pictured here. The whole day was really rainy and, for New Yorkers, cold -- between 45 and 55 degrees.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter