Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Minnesota Barbies? It's About Time.

I was thrilled when I heard Mattel was going to market a line of Minnesota-themed Barbie Dolls. A friend forwarded me a description of a few of the models. I nodded my head in recognition when I read about the "Minnetonka Barbie":
This princess Barbie is sold only at the Galleria. She comes with an assortment of Kate Spade Handbags, a Lexus SUV, a long-haired foreign dog named Honey and a cookie-cutter house. Available with or without tummy tuck and face lift. Workaholic Ken sold only in conjunction with the augmented version.
Ok, so the write-up was a little snarky. I was still buying it. I should have been happy reading about "Bemidji Barbie," but something was just off:
This tobacco-chewing, brassy-haired Barbie has a pair of her own high-heeled sandals with one broken heel from the time she chased beer-gutted Ken out of Iron Range Barbie's house. Her ensemble includes low-rise acid-washed jeans, fake fingernails, and a see-through halter-top. Also available with a mobile home.
Ok, so it's a hoax, a cruel, cruel hoax. Anyone know where this started or who wrote it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter