Friday, June 01, 2007

What is this? Any guesses? Comments?

*UPDATE*
Thank you for the comments. I took this picture at the Outsider Art Fair last winter. These are three sculptures made from chicken (and maybe turkey?) bones by an artist whose name escapes me. It may be the same odd soul who made a three-foot tower of chicken bones (remnants from innumerable fast-food fried chicken meals), painted gold, a piece that holds a prominent place in the American Folk Art Museum's permanent collection.

I love these, but I could never buy them. If my memory serves me right, they were selling for $8,000, which, in this market, is quite a steal. But I might get more out of making a set myself. Imagine, I could make a party out of it -- fried chicken, hot glue gun ...

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

bones.
do I sense a trip to evolution?
i hear a marimba in the background.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Andy Sturdevant said...

It looks like the sort of thing I might have built for my pewter Orcish Lords role-playing action figures as a teenager, if I had had pewter Orcish Lords role-playing action figures as a teenager, which I did not.

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Plate stands for collectible Elvis plates, right? Right? Right? What's my prize?

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thems is Turduckens. A turkey stuffed inta a duck stuffed in chicken.

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter