Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Quote of the Day: Geraldo Rivera

When my editor was going to interview Geraldo Rivera for an upcoming issue, she asked us all if there were any questions we could think of for him. Yes, we all agreed, you must ask Geraldo about his mustache. It was only one of many questions, but she obliged, and this was his answer:
"As a matter of fact, I just won the ESPN Mustache Hall of Fame Award. I was very honored; I didn't even know I was in the running. It's not something I lobbied for.

You know, mustaches are funny. A lot of guys, especially Anglo guys, view mustaches as a joke. Like My Name is Earl: they grow mustahces to be comical. But it's different for Latin men: my dad always had a mustache; I grew mine in 1968 in the throes of ethnic awareness, anti-war protests, etc., and I've never shaved it since. So my mustache is more than 40 years old; it's older than my wife..."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter