Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Never turn your back on a falling tree: Know your Axecraft

How well do you know your axecraft? As Field & Stream's Keith McCafferty says, "Every man should know how to fell a tree without killing himself in the process."

I apparently do not. I scored 9 out of 20 in the online quiz, or "I hope you've told your Mom you loved her," which is a bit worse than the "Best to stay out of the forest" warning for people who scored in the 10 to 14 out of 20 range.

I did get the question illustrated above correct, though. It has to do with making a facing cut.

Try the quiz. See if you can avoid the humiliation I'm experiencing here in the relative treelessness of Manhattan.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Christopher said...

I stopped taking this after I got the first two wrong. Seriously, stay away from me and trees.

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got 12 out of 20, mostly due to the fact that I took physics in high school. So clearly I'm a better man than you (I don't think either of us should be happy about this).

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter