Friday, December 21, 2007

Quote of the Day: Mike Huckabee

"One of my last acts as governor was to issue a pardon for a traffic violation that he had in 1975 when he and Ronnie Wood were driving through Arkansas. He got pulled over for a reckless-driving charge. I was a college student when it happened, and I was so embarrassed: I thought, Golly, we finally got the Rolling Stones in Arkansas, and what do we do? They played a concert while I was governor, and I was invited backstage to meet the band. I’m having this conversation with Keith, and he’s telling me that he’d been in Arkansas before. And I said, 'Keith, I can do something for you that no other human being on earth can do. I’m the only one with the power to do this. I can pardon you and get that off your record. You can have a clean start in Arkansas.'"
GOP presidential candidate Mike Huckabee was interviewed in the January GQ. Huckabee continued: "Now that I’ve pardoned Keith Richards, wouldn’t it be incredible if that somehow led to my being able to give him a full pardon before God for all the things he’s done?"

Hmm. Even for snorting the ashes of his dead father?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Mike Huckabee is so rock n' roll.

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter