Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Quote of the Day: Kim Hastreiter

I was scanning the Internet for some proof that it really was Paper Magazine founder Kim Hastreiter I saw at the Zegna fashion show this week, when I found this quote:
“I really never understood the next big thing. How can someone be a genius this season and next season they’re not?

“This completely drives me crazy. Everyone can be raving one season about how great a designer is and then the next season they’re dumped.

“[People do not become] un-brilliant. Designers really suffer from this because you get lifted up and put in this place and then someone else comes along and is put in that place and it’s never really about the work.”
That's from an article last week by Guy Trebay in the New York Times.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter