Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Dark Day for Corduroy

When I put on my black medium-wale corduroy blazer this morning, I wasn't thinking about the date. It's November 11, or rather 11|11, the date which most resembles corduroy.

It dawned on me at work when I saw the date coming up in e-mails. Wait a minute, I thought, why haven't I heard from the Corduroy Appreciation Club? Alas, the Club is not meeting this time.

Club leader Miles Rohan listed a number of reasons for the meeting's cancellation this year. Between the bad economy and the election a week ago, the meeting didn't have a chance. Still, Rohan looks forward to the biggest corduroy celebration ever on 11|11|11.

I went to the Club's "secret" meeting last year. Read about it here.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter